Saturday, November 11, 2006

Borat

This movie is hilarious. I was pleasantly surprised at the nearly feasible story-arc. I was expecting a series of mocking interviews strung together like the Ali G show. But the story, although merely a vehicle (an ice-cream truck to be exact) for the humiliating interviews of ridiculous people was actually entertaining. I liked the overweight side-kick. I thought he was hilarious.

I wish I could have just fallen into the movie, but I found myself wondering who was a paid extra and who was a real person coerced later into signing a waver.

I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone making a big deal about the anti-semitism in the movie. Maybe people are actually becoming mature enough to realize that this movie isn't mocking or attacking jews, but satirizing anti-semitism.

Ees Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home