Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Breakfast Club

I never saw this movie growing up, and admittedly it was a little bit before my time. Overall I thought it was good. Mostly good dialogue, good characters (representative, although verging on cliche), touching, and humorous. My biggest complaint is that everyone falls in love in the end, seemingly out of nowhere. And there's almost no motivation for it at all. And it all happens within five minutes of the credits. It seems director is thinking to himself, 'Oh crap, this thing's almost over and I still need a happy ending. Okay you, jocky guy, start making out with the artsy wierdo just because the prom queen put a little bit of make-up on her face and pulled up her hair...and you, prom-queen, start making out with the tough hoodlum kid for no reason at all.'

1 Comments:

Blogger Akv said...

I think this movie got way more respect than it should have as an 80s high school movie. Please review Valley Girl with Nicholas Cage or The Last American Virgin. Grand movies.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home