Saturday, April 28, 2007

Cape Fear

I was a little surprised that this movie was directed by Martin Scorsese. It was heavily stylized, but not a style I would usually attribute to him. It was closer in style, and almost a caricature or older Hitchcock era films. The camera played a very active role especially in the beginning. It would zoom in and out of close-ups, to the point of distraction. I suppose the cinematographer might be held responsible for that.

It was successful in that it lead to a nightmare though. I'm sure it was inspired by Robert De Niro's character quoting scripture while he attacked the family. It took place in the middle ages. I think that he and I were Monks. He was preaching bad theology, and I was trying to stop him, and that lead to a vicious chase and combat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home