Sunday, March 19, 2006

Poor People

On friday, St. Patrick's day, several friends and I took a bus to a bar on the other side of town. As we rode, several females in the group were loud and obnoxious. We arrived at The Comet, and as we exited the bus I said, "alright, girls let's go and stop bothering these poor people." The second the word 'poor' came out of my mouth I wished I could put it back in. I meant it to say that they were unfortunate in having been bothered by us, not that they were poor for having to depend on the busline. But several african american gentlemen in the back of the bus must have been insulted and started yelling threats. One pulled out a large serrated knife and we had to run off the bus.

Truthfully, no one on the bus reacted at all. They probably knew exactly what I meant, but I felt bad about saying it. And that doesn't make for an interesting ending to the story.

1 Comments:

Blogger Akv said...

I made a similar mistake when i was chatting with a nice old lady at my work. She was like "how are you today?" I was like "still alive..." I felt like such an ass. She got very curt with me. oh well c'est la vie as they say.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home